Monday, May 28, 2007

Creation Museum Grand Opening

Although I had already attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony on Saturday, I also wanted to be a part of the grand opening ceremony at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky. The lines were really long. Even with my special pass, I had to wait almost two hours to get tickets for sections of the museum.

I stayed quite late, enjoyed a walk on the nature trails, and watched the fireworks from my car. I'm really tired tonight, especially after catching up on replies to some of my comments on other blogs. So please excuse my brevity.

There were protestors outside the Creation Museum property. They carried signs that I found quite humorous because there were plenty of meaningless attacks, personal attacks on Ken Ham, and some quite hateful signs. However, there were also some signs that showed some good forethought, or else someone just ignorantly pulled information of a list forwarded to them in email. Some of the protestors seemed to have a good heart, but others just had a aura of hate it seemed.

One of the protestors claimed in his/her blog (sorry, I can't remember who said it) that there were 200 attendees at the peak time. But I drove in sometime around noon, and it looked like maybe only a couple or few dozen people at most.

There were some new signs place in the museum since the last time that I walked through, and I noticed some new environmental sound effects in other places.

I asked a few of the staff for a count of how many people had come through today. The answers ranged from 2,000 to 5,000, but each was based on a different "checkpoint" (such as the planetarium, the admission counter, one of the entry doors, etc.). The final count will probably appear on AiG's site tomorrow.

This was a great day, and I look forward to my next visit. Maybe some of my atheist or evolutionist friends will come with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving this information, and standing for Creation. It's very disturbing to read those that would mock what we believe.